- Students should participate in both the learning and teaching process.
- Learners should be able to both communicate and apply knowledge gained.
- Learners should only experience difficulty as a result of obtaining and applying knowledge, never unnecessarily to fulfill course requirements.
- Exercises should engage learners in processes relevant to applying course concepts without unnecessary work.
- Learners should be guided through exercises that internalize knowledge.
- Learners should build a baseline understanding of theoretical concepts they can use to develop their own ideas for application.
- Course success should be dependent on understanding and ability to apply course concepts.
- Learners should be treated with professional respect.
- Learners should be provided with resources to investigate materials outside of the classroom.